Archives

Cable MSOs Maintain Lead in U.S. Broadband Services Market

Yahoo Finance

Cable MSOs Maintain Lead in U.S. Broadband Services Market

A recent report by Leichtman Research Group Inc. (:LRG) reveals that the cable MSOs (Multi Service Operators) in the U.S. have successfully  maintained their lead over telecom operators in the high-speed broadband (Internet) market.

For the first-time in the 65-year long history of the cable TV Industry, cable MSOs outpaced telecom operators in the high-speed broadband market during the second quarter of 2014. LRG’s report stated that cable MSOs further consolidated their positions in the third quarter of 2014.

According to LRG report stated that 17 large cable TV and telecom operators together had approximately 85.6 million high-speed Internet subscribers at the end of the third quarter of 2014. Of this, cable MSOs command 60% while the remaining 40% were serviced by telecom operators. These 17 large broadband operators together constitute 94% of the total U.S. broadband market.

Read More

Kevin Speedy

No Comments

Leave a Comment